Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Where are there course to learn british english ?

Hi 

I need  learn to speak british english 

I have listened to tell that it is english true 

My country teach american english to  speak but I am interesting in british english 

i need to know what is the pronunciation correctly and I also need grammar and words(vocabulary)

i hope that you helpe me

Thanks you 

Greetings since Mexico,Mexico city

Favorite Answer

Which British accent are you interested in learning? There are dozens, if not hundreds, in different parts of the UK. You cannot tell by listening that any form of English is the "true" one, since they have ALL evolved differently over the centuries, from the US to Australia to Canada to India to South Africa to New Zealand, etc. Also, if you think British English will be any easier to learn than American English, you have a rude awakening coming.

That being said, the BBC does offer some good courses.

Take a look at this site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/

• Mike W

There aren't any courses like that, none that I know of.  British English is just as diverse as North American English.  Pronunciation and grammar will vary depending on where you are in Britain.  

I hear that Mexican Spanish is a bastardized version of real Spanish.