Could I get an electrical engineering master's degree with a biochemistry bachelor's?

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a master's degree in electrical engineering with a bachelor's in biochemistry? I ask because I am currently taking biochem as my bachelor's and would want to get an electrical engineering master's degree so I could design medical devices and stuff like that. Would I be able to take that route? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yes, but it will take some work.  You'll need to decide on a school and find out what prerequisites they have for admission to the graduate program.  You may need to take some undergrad classes before you apply in order to meet the requirements.  You might also consider Biomedical Engineering as a degree program, since it seems to be closer to your goals.

1 month agoReport

Biomedical Engineering is certainly a program I am gonna be applying to. However, I found that these programs are quite sparse whereas Electrical Engineering programs are more common. Thank you for your help!

YES, ONLY IF YOU START OVER AGAIN TO TAKE ALL THE MISSING COURSES FROM ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FROM BACHELOR DEGREE FIRST, THEN YOU MIGHT BE ACCEPTED TO TAKE MASTER DEGREE CLASS.

I don't think so, but my opinion doesn't count. How about asking at a school you might want to attend? I'm kind of wondering how do you get an MSEE without ever taking circuits or electronics.