How is valuing ethnicity over nationality racist?

Harvey Weinstein once said he was an Israeli before an American having even been born in the U.S. I despite being born here am of large Italian heritage and have always felt a closer connection to that than any twisted American "culture". Therefore represent my Italian blood before any and all. Nationalism means nothing it s a thin facade and farce at this point. Anyone can say they re "American"and it would have no merit. Especially with it so diverse I feel less of a connection with surrounding so called countrymen and if the US were to ever come into conflict with Italy, I would feel way more obligated to pledge my loyalty to my ethnic kin than the pretenders that just happen to live by me. In short it s not so much where you come from it s what you re made of.

That's very interesting to me as an African because although I would make the exact same statements as you, I and the rest of the population KNOW why I would say and feel that, I've got 400 years' worth of reasons I would fight Uncle Sam if he engaged my brothers on the mother continent.

But what is your problem with the US as an Italian?  

Psychopath people call anyone who does not let them leech onto other groups, racist. 

Nėiťhėr really do matter to any1 who's

got a life + any sort of value about them

as Ethnicity is only for the feeblė mîndėd!

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

• Zirp

It's only racist if you think it's about genetics.

Ethnicity is about language and culture, nationality is a legal status.

Some countries are home to several dozen sizeable ethnicities. Nobody speaks Indian or Nigerian.

If you don't speak Italian you should not claim to be Italian

Nationality is a concept of world law. I am an American (as you are) having been born here. My heritage is British/Germanic. Yours in Italian. I'm happy getting along here, you're not. So. Go to Italy, spend time and see if you can learn the language and function happily there. If you can, emigrate. So far, there's no law against leaving.

• No, because ethnicity is more technically accurate as far as that goes.

whatever floats your boat.

I personally don't care about valuing either ethnicity or nationality since I put more value on my individual self and personal character