My tenant has unpaid wages on damages and gave me no notice in rent termination?

She cannot afford to pay the fees. She has pet damages from her cat and smoking fees. Do I have to go to small claims court or if there something else I can do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If she can't afford to pay the fees (doesn't pay them for whatever reason), you may have to sue in civil court to obtain a judgement against her. That is not a guarantee that you'll collect either, but it's a start toward collecting what you're owed.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Interesting.  Two months ago it was YOU trying to get out of your lease. Which is it?

• 1 month ago

i would ask a lawyer about it

• 1 month ago

You could just let it go. You don't have to go to court. Even if you go to small claims court, they won't print money for you. All they can do is to help you get her money, but if she doesn't have any, and isn't going to get any, then you're wasting your time. And your money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If the damage is under 5000 then it’s small claims court. 

You can try threatening her with court and see if she’ll pay. If she doesn’t then there’s not much you can do legally other than court. 

• Lily1 month agoReport

yes I did threaten her she said okay lets go to court

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes you will have to go to small claims court. take pictures of the damages. next time do not let  someone who smokes rent from you. there are many court shows on television, get their phone number and you can ask them what you can do

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You must follow the laws in your state, county, city and/or country.

They are not wages they are unpaid debts. You need to go to court. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.