cadz asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

HELP!! How can I feed my puppy when I’m gone?

hello, I’m getting a puppy in a little over a week and i’m very excited. She is a small chihuahua mixed and is 4 months old. We are planning to create a little play pen for it ex. we cleared out a closet and are going to  put a crate and toys and pee pads, so it’s going to serve as a play pen. But at night i’m keeping the dog strictly in the crate. I go to school every day from 6-2 but i’ll be off the first week to train the dog that being alone is okay and such. Now I wake up at 5am and my plan was to feed it, go take it out to pee and poo then play with it and tire it out before I leave for school. And then right when I come back from school feed it again and play ect, ect. But will 6am to 2pm be to long for the dog to go without food? I also don’t want to invest in a automatic feeder and she just breaks it when I get home. PLS HELP!!

Hate to say it but you guys act like y’all actually don’t have a life and don’t have stuff to do. What about when I get a job and start working. People work far longer then me and still have a dog. Also think about it. No one is going to pay 10 bucks a day for 12 months to walk a dog out in the middle of the day. It’s not like i’m just leaving the dog home alone. Period. Before school i’m going to tired it out a bit and such and when I come back also give it lots of affecting. Like I have a life

Favorite Answer

if you feed the dog right at 6 and right at 2 it should be okay, if not and you aren't comfortable with that, ask a friend or neighbor to stop by in the middle of the day

• E. H. Amos
      1 month agoReport

Use of the SCAM pet product -(pee pads) is  FREAKING bad idea and it will NEVER become housebroken and you will end up with a dog who will have learned to GO indoors & it will; ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE - if ever allowed any "freedom" in the home.

It should be fine, or you can ask your parents/friend to come over and feed it 

That's FAR too long to leave any dog, let alone a 4 month old puppy!   Sorry, but you need to look again at this plan and wait until there is somebody right there far more often than 8 hours!!   Ridiculous.    A dog should never be left more than 4 hours on a regular basis (adult!) without the ability to empty OUTSIDE, not on these wretched pee pads - which a puppy could well tear up and SWALLOW.

• E. H. Amos
      1 month agoReport

The absorbent crystals in the pads are TOXIC to dogs - if the pads are chewed or ingested!

If you have never had a dog before, you are in for some surprises. Nothing will go as you plan now cause you are in your mind & not reality.

You have SOooo much to learn about dogs in general. A Great Dane has all the same parts as a Chihuahua. They are trained in the same way & they eat the same foods.

It all sounds good now but wait til you have the dog.

using pee pads, you will NEVER housebreak the pup. It will end up peeing & pooping everywhere in the house. Pee pads are nasty filthy dirty stinking things. Never allow a dog to go potty in the house.

• E. H. Amos
      1 month agoReport

PEE PADS are a pet store /pet catalog SCAM product.  They will guarantee the dog WILL NEVER become housebroken.  Instead it will have been TRAINED to GO inside the home and it will.... ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE, not "just" on the pad$.

• TK

Get one of those toys that the dog rolls around and a piece of kibble falls out. It can keep her occupied and give her a snack.

Wow just DON'T get this puppy! Puppies can NOT be left alone that long. You shouldn't use pee pads because you are TEACHING IT TO GO IN THE HOUSE. Your mom or dad needs to be able to come home no more than every three hours from work and let the puppy out of its crate so it can go potty.

LOL that you think ONE WEEK is all will take to "train" it. Are you really young, really stupid or BOTH?

DO NOT GET THIS PUPPY.

• cadz1 month agoReport

Y’all please get a life. Like for real. If y’all actually had a life n a job y’all wouldn’t be saying this

maybe you should pay someone to watch her while youre in school

• zeno

Wrong. Do not keep it in A crate. I leave mine

Out in the kitchen and living room and it has

A bed to sleep on a food on a poser towel

And a bowl of water and nubbies dog chews

And a dog bone to chew on. It has learned

My schedule and simply waits for me to

Return and play with it and cuddle with it

And take it for a walk every 8 hours. Let it

Enjoy life as much as you can. I walk mine

Off leash and let if run and play every day.

Babe a abHaiaja z sniaje

Just leave food out for it, you freaking genius. Small dogs, especially young ones, are prone to hypoglycemia.