dan asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why is our dogs eyes red all the time?

Our baby boy who is about a year old and is part pug and pekinese always has at least one red eye. Can anyone tell me why this is?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Could be dryness.  You could get eye drops for dry eyes at your local drug store and put a few drops in each eye everyday or as needed.

Source(s): Had a Japanese chin with dry eyes and this was the advice my vet gave me. :-)
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Eye problems are myriad; and there is no way to diagnose an unseen dog online, nor any vets who would to do it.  REDNESS indicates irritation/inflammation and obviously => PAIN.  Once diagnosed by YOUR VET, you can treat the issue.

Sorry; but you chose to adopt a mix of two breeds with many health problems.  If you cannot afford care, then surrender to an SPCA, or return the dog, to whomever you adopted from.

• 1 month ago

Irritation, inflammation, infection...... you name it.  We can only guess why -but your qualified vet will be able to diagnose and hopefully treat.   If this has always been the case, it's beyond time to get it sorted out.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your dog has emotional problems and has red eyes from crying.  Get this dog into therapy immediately.

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Dogs can't cry emotional tears you effing idiot.  No wonder you're too ashamed to show who you are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes it's called a VET. Get your neglected backyard breeder mutt to one.

• ...Show all comments
    • ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Fourth, you're a horrible pet owner to think someone online can magically diagnose and cure it.  TAKE IT BACK TO THE SHELTER if you're too cheap or unwillingly (likely BOTH!) to get it to the vet. You're PATHETIC.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you need to ask your vet this question

• 1 month ago

your vet might be able to tell you, i would bring him there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.