Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 1 month ago

why has youtube stopped working on roku?

youtube is zoomed in so far all you can see is the upper left-hand corner of the screen. and the text under the menus is garbled and unreadable. other roku channels are showing similar display problems. it started a few days ago and rebooting or reinstalling the channel doesn't fix it. my roku has become unusable to me and i have no idea how to fix the problem!

anon: thanks but my tv doesn't have any zoom feature. it's strictly a 4:3 crt and i'm watching my 2710X roku 1 on it through the video composite rca cable input.

my tv doesn't have any hdmi input either so switching the input is not an option.

Roku settings Check for updates 

First, you should check to see if it's a problem with your TV. A lot of TVs have a zoom feature, for dealing with 4:3 content. A button on your remote labeled "Picture" may control this.

Second, if you're able to access your Roku's setup menus, try changing the aspect ratio. Most TVs are 16:9 or 16:10.

Third, try plugging the HDMI cable into another jack on your TV (if it has one) and switching to that input.