Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 1 month ago

why has youtube stopped working on roku?

youtube is zoomed in so far all you can see is the upper left-hand corner of the screen. and the text under the menus is garbled and unreadable. other roku channels are showing similar display problems. it started a few days ago and rebooting or reinstalling the channel doesn't fix it. my roku has become unusable to me and i have no idea how to fix the problem!

Update:

anon: thanks but my tv doesn't have any zoom feature. it's strictly a 4:3 crt and i'm watching my 2710X roku 1 on it through the video composite rca cable input.

Update 2:

my tv doesn't have any hdmi input either so switching the input is not an option.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Roku settings Check for updates 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

First, you should check to see if it's a problem with your TV. A lot of TVs have a zoom feature, for dealing with 4:3 content. A button on your remote labeled "Picture" may control this.

Second, if you're able to access your Roku's setup menus, try changing the aspect ratio. Most TVs are 16:9 or 16:10.

Third, try plugging the HDMI cable into another jack on your TV (if it has one) and switching to that input.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.