Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

What vehicles can and can't you install extras such as backup cameras?

For example, could you install a backup camera in a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition? Or is that too old/outdated? If you could install one, about how much would you estimate that to cost (for the camera/device itself and an idea of installation/labor fees)? Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You can install a backup camera in any vehicle. You may have to replace the factory stereo with one that has a display screen, but it can be done.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

"Can" is a wide area - you can install a backup camera in any vehicle, down to and including a kid's tricycle. Installing one in an old 6V, positive ground vehicle might involve a bit more effort, though.

The cost will most likely reflect the quality of the specfic camera you want to (have) instal(led) and the difficulty of the specific installation in your vehicle. At the lower edge would be a cheap rear view camera and a roll of duct tape from China - 25$ for the camera with display, 6$ for the duct tape. The upper edge is... flexible

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Just about any vehicle can use any crap like backup cameras, lights, stereos, etc..

Most such stuff can be installed by the owner, if they have an room temperature IQ.

I am old school, I figure people should learn how to drive instead of needing aides.

• 1 month ago

i would ask a mechanic about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.