Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

Am I at risk of leukemia?

I'm 25 and overweight. I started smoking since I was 20 but I only smoke every few days. No one in my family ever had leukemia. Only my grandmother on my mom's side died of cancer (melanoma)

Am I at risk of getting leukemia?

• Edna

Leukemia is cancer of the blood. No one in your family has ever had leukemia. There's no reason for you to be 'at risk' for developing leukemia. 

You are at risk of a wide range of diseases due to your poir lifestyle choices.

• LAN
      1 month agoReport

This is just Mr Right once again.  You can always tell because he lacks imagination and constantly posts the same type of nonsense over and over.

• LAN

No.  You seem to just be a complete moron making childish and baseless assumptions.  8th s question is so dumb that only Mr Right could have posted it.

Benzene in cigarettes can cause it you only smoked for 5 years maybe give it up .plus its a pretty rare thing to just develop leukemia but anything is possible in this world we are trapped in

• Carson

A higher risk than someone with no leukemia in their family.

If you are significantly over weight, xsedintary and smoke then you should be more worried about cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.

Leukemia is caused by eating processed meat. People who get leukemia are usually kids who eat many hot dogs.