Anonymous

Is the triangle of death real?

Apparently you can’t pick spots on your face on your mouth or nose because it can lead to death or paralysis, is this true? It’s on the sun and other news sites - not sky- and not the NHS but it is all over the web, any doctors know? 

never heard off, but like to know more

• C

Every adult alive today has survived doing this at least once as a teenager. My 6th grade teacher used to tell us the same thing every few weeks and to underscore her warning she'd tell us that this killed her grandma's best friend in the 1910s. (I've no way of knowing if that part is true.) According to her "the triangle of death" is so dangerous because blood poisoning goes straight to the brain without any warning blue lines. Until I saw this question I've not heard anyone else mention it since. The moral of the story is not to be grotty and use a disinfectant, I guess.