Is my husband a pedophile? ?

My husband last night while I was half asleep said his 16 yr old niece Who's not biologically related but by marriage is skinny enough so he can **** her. I was half asleep but I know what I heard he even said her name.

He said he was half asleep and didn’t know what he was saying so I should dismiss it.i was 17 when we met and he was 23 he’s now 26. 

I really don’t know what to think and I don’t know what I’m most upset about 

The fact that he is attracted to his 16 year old niece whom we always see 

Or the fact that he said she’s skinny because I’m a thicker woman and he always is on me about losing weight. 

Or the fact that he got mad at me and said I’m only looking for an excuse to fight. 

I don’t know what to do because me and my 5 month old live off of him and have nowhere else to go. 

16 YO nowadays have a super developed body, he's not a pedophile, he's a normal guy. As long as he's not doing anything about it I don't see the problem with looking. 

• Foofa

The term is "hebephile" (one attracted to children over the age of 14). But the fact that he was a grown adult who dated you while you were a child should have been your first tip off here. As you've made yourself dependent on him you'll have to hope he doesn't act on his impulses until you've arranged a job and have the ability to support yourself. So if you skipped an education use this time to get into a vocational program. Hopefully you'll find gainful employment before he goes to prison for statutory rape.

• Anna
      1 month agoReport

17 is NOT a child.

• David

Let's see...26 year old man drooling over HOT 16 year old girl.  Pedophile?  Hardly.  By that measure, every man in the world would be literally a pedophile.  It's one thing to look and another thing to act.  In most areas, 16 would not be illegal, and would not make him a pedophile even if he did more than just look.  But guys notice hot skinny girls, especially young ones like in their later teens and 20s...

He's right that you are just looking for an excuse to fight.  I mean, let's assume what he said is true, and that he really meant it.  AND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?   It's not a crime to think such things.  It might make your wife a bit uncomfortable, but it's not a crime.

I think he was stupid for saying what he did, loud enough for you to hear him.  But two wrongs don't make a right.  There's no need to cause a lot of drama over it.  And that's what you are doing...starting a lot of drama.  Stop it...

Guys like to bust nut on skinny piecesofass, and not on fatties. Guys like (-phile) skinny piecesofass (pedo-). Doesn't make him a pedophile (carries a negative connotation).

• Orla C

Well, the first thing you should do is change your situation so that you don't have to live off him. Have you other family members who can help you out until you get yourself sorted? 

Yeah, he likes slim, very young women, so he's a bit of a creeper and you'd be way better off without him. 

I personally do not class that as a paedophile but i am from the UK and legal age here is 16. However it is cringy that he thinks about this niece this way.

It's hard to say from such limited information. Being attracted to someone and acting on it are two different things. The key here is that you're completely dependent on someone else. There is nothing preventing you from getting a job and putting the baby in daycare or getting a night job or a weekend job so that you can leave if you feel that you need to. If he is dissatisfied with the way you look, he won't be your meal ticket forever. You may as well try to build a career for yourself for when that happens. Unless he is extremely wealthy and/or successful, it's unlikely you can afford not to pull your weight. It puts an extreme burden on one person to carry the entire family financially. What if he gets disabled? Getting knocked up at 20 with no education is not the way to ensure financial security - it's the road to forever struggling. Now you have a kid and no career prospects and no education to get ahead and men today want to marry partners, not dependents.

In that semiconscious state between sleep and wake, I sometimes have audible conversations about shoes, combined with my insecurities and random statements about smurfs. Does that make me a smurf fuc**r with a foot fetish? No. get a grip you jealous harpy

Aww that's so much hot ..its a beautiful relationship

Well, he's creepy at the least.