Which SSD will fit my Dell Precision Tower 5810?

Update:

Also, Do I need ONLY the SSD itself? what else do need to buy in order to install the SSD? Like, a cable? a tray that will hold the SSD? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Almost any 2.5" SSD will fit. If your dell already has a 2.5" hard drive then it is just a straight swap out - pully the caddy out remove the old drive, put the new drive into the caddy and reconnect

If your dell only has a 3.5" caddy then the 2.5" will be too small - the connectors are the same so just connect up the cables and secure the 2.5" drive with some double sided tape. here is a link to the owners manual

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/uk/en/ukbsdt1...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Geek is shebistu

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

any sata ssd can be plugged into the board.  doesn't look like it's got sockets for any of those "ssd on a chip" things

a lot of ssds will come with the data cable needed, but not necessarily.  might want to read the label or description.  cables don't cost much anyway.  

whether you need any extra hardware just to mount the thing depends on what the inside of your case looks like.  most cases give you extra mounting points for mounting stuff like your standard sized, 3.5" ssd already.  and the drives... usually... come with the little screws to hold them in there. 

then again, i've just stuck an ssd to the inside wall of a case with a piece of epoxy putty before.... not that epoxy putty is all that cheap, but it was lying around, you know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.