Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

What do you think the cosmos really looks like?

I"m sure the cosmic web is accurate of its exact dimensions, but...

Let's say God exists. And he could turn his omnipresence off, and look at the universe from the outside through human eyes.

Would the gravitational lensing make it look all swirly and schitt?

We can never know what true reality really looks like. We only see a representation or simulation created by our consciousness.

We can not see or even imagine the universe from outside because there is no outside. It can only be viewed internally.

Black with white spots

The laws of physics thermodynamics and quantum mechanics are the standard operating procedures of the Universe. Hunan beings are totally blind to mos of the electromagnetic spectrum except for the equivalent of a single octave of sound. We cannot SEE gravity or the curvatures of the space time continuum.

If we accept the premise that God exists, why would God be limited to the range of human senses? That makes no sense to me at all. We can't "see" the strong and weak nuclear forces, electric or magnetic fields or individual atoms and molecules or the bonds between atoms and molecules.

WHY would God be so handicapped. By any scales of size like humans are. Your question doesnt make logical sense. God is perfect, omnipotent and omnipresent. God does not have or require a corporeal physical body. I understood THAT before I could read when I was 3 years old.

• ANDY

I can answer only the first part of your question because as billrussell42 said it is not clear and a complete answer wouldn't be appropriate.

The universe looks like a sponge. A sponge with large holes. I am referring to the sponges you find in the sea: live creatures.

Galaxies are in some way "united" with each other if you think millions of light years separating them is considered to be a brief distance in the cosmos. There are also "gaps" here and there making the universe look like, as I said, an immense sponge.

Source(s): Decades of reading scientific material.

cosmic web ?? do you mean the universe?  It has no exact dimensions, and no-one ever suggested that. 

As to the "swirly and schitt", have no idea what that means.  And the universe has no "outside".