Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is it ok to lose my virginity before marriage? ?

im 18+ but i still feel scared to lose it since im afraid dat ppl will look down on me (since i live in a conservative country)) and i might feel so guilty for some reason even tho many ppl do it already. Maybe  bcuz my conservative parents raised me to think ppl who lose their v card bfore marriage are bad ppl. Now im grown up but still afraid. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you live in a country where this is a big deal maybe you shouldn't do it. "Virginity" in these places usually just means you haven't had vaginal intercourse. So you can still do everything but that and still rightfully call yourself a virgin for the purposes of a "good" marriage, which is probably all your parents care about anyway.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It is an important decision to make at your age.  The attached article may help you decide. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1020064...

• 1 month ago

If it's that big of a deal to you then wait till after marriage. 

• Raja
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The correct thing is to remain a virgin till you get married and make your husband to deflower you on your honeymoon.If he find that you are a non virgin he may not respect you  much.There is no need to be in a hurry .Wait for the right moment and prove that you are not the flirty type.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There are lots of people all over the globe who are virgins at 18-19+. There's nothing wrong with that at all. World doesn't need more children who are "legal adults" popping out babies without education, support, finances or much understanding of life and humanity. It's actually totally okay to be a virgin. It's also okay to not be a virgin. Virginity is not really the goalpost of character.

• 1 month ago

yes get on with it, live and learn

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nonsense, it's perfectly fine to have sex before you're married, ideally with your fiancé. You can keep it between the two of you, no need to tell anyone else. 

• Cathy
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No it is not okay to lose your virginity before marriage

Source(s): Bill Clinton and Donald Trump
  • 1 month ago

It is totally ok to have sex before marriage. It is also totally ok to wait until marriage. It is your body, and only you can choose what is right for you and your body. 

• Andrew Smith
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Actually if you are with what you hope to be your lifelong partner it is a joint consideration.  You need to consider his views as well as your own. To hopefully come up with the best strategy for the pair of you.

• 1 month ago

So in other words, your parents shamed you about being a sexual person. Parents like that need their heads examined.

If you're an adult, you need to make your own choices.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.