Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Needing advice about my mom ?

I’m in a bit of a predicament. I recently got married and, for a while, my mom has been in denial about me getting married. When I did, I asked a couple of months ago if she would like to come over to my house and she claims that I only wanted her over because I am insecure about my marriage and so I will believe she likes him. She also said that I am only making myself feel better. Now, I asked if we could all come over for Christmas and she hasn’t answered the question yet. My oldest sister still lives there and my other sister will be there a few days after Christmas. They want me to come, of course, but if my mother doesn’t want my husband or step kids to come, should I even come? We are all a package now and it can’t just be me coming over. That would be like my husbands family not wanting me over, but wanting him and his kids to come. What should I do? Should I go over there or just invite my sisters to my house? I don’t know what to do and it upsets me that my mom can’t even let her own son in law into her house without hiding somewhere. She does stay in her room a lot and I’m afraid if we come she will stay in her room. My husband doesn’t want to go because he doesn’t feel welcomed and also doesn’t want his kids there either if she says no. Any advice? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I suspect your sisters know where you live and can physically come over to visit you if they really want to see you.   Your family should be your main priority.   If your husband and step-children aren't invited, then neither are you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • david
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Inform her that her lack of hospitality is not something your family should be subjected to and that you'll be hosting Christmas and inviting your sisters.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you shouldnt goif shes going to be like that

• 1 month ago

Of course you can not go to your mother's house for Christmas celebration w/o your husband and step kids. Do not let your mother, who seems petty and insecure, to divide your family

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.