Hi. I have a little problem with charging my laptop. When I plug a laptop into a charger, it doesn't want to charge above a given percentage?

My laptop is one week old but in the Lenovo Vantage aplication says that battery is ok.

Next. The Lenovo Vantage application shows: when i have 60%, that battery time is 17 hours and then i have 59% and shows that battery time is 3 hours

Favorite Answer

the battery's getting old but if you run it until it's completely flat (as in so flat it wont show any sign of life) and then charge it for like 12-20 hours in one go without using it. It will probably give you more accurate battery information.

• Shadow

Lenovo normally has a power management utility that optimises the battery life by only allowing it to charge to a certain percentage and then drain to another percentage and then charge up again and drain and so on. There's nothing to be concerned about. You can disable the software and allow the system to charge fully and take it from there.

• keerok

My son's laptop does that too. Just use the laptop unplugged and charge again when the battery gets lower.

likely the battery is partly dead and needs replacing

There's a windows setting to make it stop charging at a certain %. in control panel somewhere