Jan asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

One of my pictures had a transparent background. I opened it in Paint and I accidentally saved it white background. How do I reverse this?

clearer wording: 

I opened it in Paint and I accidentally clicked the save shortcut, causing it to replace the transparent background with a white background. 

Favorite Answer
  • keerok

Save it as a GIF file then at save time, there should be a dialog asking what color to save as transparent. I don't recall Paint having that feature so I suggest you use Irfanview. Don't worry, it's safe and free.

I think you've saved the painted image as a .jpeg file when previously it would have been a .png (or equivalent) file which is capable of running a transparent background. The original image is probably saved in the original location but it can't really be reversed to a transparent background from the saved image once done, except manually with a photo editor, I'd imagine.

• Jan1 month agoReport

Actually, it was saved as .png file from Paint.