Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

How can I convince my doctor to give me open heart surgery without anesthesia?

I have a damaged valve in my heart and need open heart surgery.  My doctor is insisting I must have anesthesia but I absolutely do not want it - I don't believe in it.  I am supposed to have my surgery in the morning but he's threatening to cancel if I don't allow anesthesia.  

Don't feed the troll.

Well if you promise not to scream when he starts cutting and be gagged and chained to the operating table then it will be your problem.

No doctor would operate on you.

I can operate on you... do you have cash???

You can't, just take your risk if the question is real.

You can have certain operations done under local anaesthesia instead but that depends on a number of factors including your surgeon. Don't think you could find a cardiac surgeon anywhere to do open heart surgery without full anaesthesia.  Far too risky.  I think you are being silly.  Have the operation under full anaesthetic of just live (or die) with the consequences. Consider the implications of refusal on the day; other needy patients could have had their operations carried out instead.  Nobody "likes" operations with full anaesthesia, but sometimes, like in your case, it is absolutely necessary.  I have lost count of the number of operations I have had, but I found the hardest thing for me was not eating or drinking before.  So something to look forward to afterwards!  

This is obviously a troll question. Nobody undergoes major surgery like this without anesthesia- EVER.

You don't.  Instead you find a like minded doctor to work on you.  Good Luck with that.

• edward

He doesn’t have to give you the surgery at all. Anesthesia makes it a lot easier to operate, we don’t want people flailing around and talking to us when surgery starts

tell him that you would suck his d for it

• Banjo1 month agoReport

He's speaking facts.

• mokrie

And it will be cancelled. You will die earlier then you should. There comes a time when you have to put your stubbornness aside and decide to live.