why do people however know that the ciggrete is the main cause of cancer but they continue smoking?

nicotine. thats why. 

also people also like to flirt with death. 

• Edna

Cigarettes are NOT the main cause of cancer. There are over 200 different forms of cancer, and smoking accounts for very few of them.

Many people continue to smoke because they are physically unable to STOP smoking. They're addicted (physically and psychologically) to the nicotine in cigarettes.  

• LAN

This is more chat then an answer seeking question.   People are free to make their own choices.   And smoking, while bad for you, only increases the risk of cancer.   If it caused it then everyone who smoked would get cancer.

You forgot to mention that alcohol and junk food and lack of exercise, radon gas, car exhaust fumes also puts us at the same risk of cancer as smoking does. Google  it if you don't believe me.

Nicotine is one of the most additive substances by far. Smokers feel it stimulates when fatigued, relaxes when tense, substitutes for companionship or activity, even though they know it’s deadly. Another piece is in dealing w triggers when one tries stopping, as they likely lack resilience in those areas.

• Theo

I started when I was young and never considered long term health issues or cancer. I'm much older now and know the danger but the addiction is strong and I feel the damage is done and am convinced I will die of lung cancer one day whether I quit or continue smoking.

• lala

You are SOOOOOO ignorant 

I lost a 42 yrs son from cancer in 2018 

He had NEVER smoke 

NEVER touch drugs 

and Never drink 

I also lost my mother from cancer 

She was just 62 

She had NEVER smoke 

My father in law had NEVER smoke died also from cancer 

In your genius how can you explain all those death by cancer by non smoker ./??????????????