Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Dad side of family treats me like a stranger when I’m around ?

Hey, I’ve been staying with my dads side of the family for two years now and they treat me like a stranger who they love. My cousin/aunt made a comment about me sleeping upstairs in other the room from her grandson whose older or may be the same age as me. She said oh your up their with such and such I thought he was down stairs I’ll asked if my son to clear out a room downstairs from you. Or say if we have a day with young children they treat me like a predator which is odd because I know how to tend to kids I taught my nieces and nephews how to bathe and etc so I am no sick personal. I just feel like they don’t actually trust and love me. I feel like a outsider and I’m starting to distant myself from them. I am thinking about moving out.

What do you all think?

I really believe they hate you for a reason only you know or could find out.

Try to rectify the reason you are so hated for your own peace of mind.

• Foofa

I have to believe this has more to do with them thinking this grandson is a predator than thinking you are. This sleeping arrangement isn't to protect the younger children from you... It's to protect you from the grandson.

maybe you should move out

I'm only going to go based off what you actually posted here-

It doesn't seem like they treat you like a stranger, I mean your aunt did want you to have your own room at your Dad's, I'd say that is a nice gesture on her end. I find it interesting though the first thought that goes through your head is "they treat me like im a predator when i'm around young children", I mean that's a pretty strong statement to make.

I really can't guage the situation but is it possible you are projecting your own fears and anxietys onto them? I am by no means accusing you of being a predator, I'm just trying to get a test of the waters here, to know what I'm dealing with.