Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

Can you diagnose ms without contrast?

Hello, question of curiosity.

Hello, i’m 16 years old and i am a male, well long story short i had symptoms of MS so my neurologist ordered a full MRI with and without contrast...fast forward to the mri when i was doing it they pulled me out after and the radiologist told me i won’t be needing contrast, when they called they said that my brain MRI was normal...so anyway i’m just wondering if contrast is absolutely needed in the DIAGNOSING of Multiple Sclerosis, thank you for your time.

The radiographer that conducted your scan knows more about whether you needed a contrast than the doctor that ordered the scan. You do not need a contrast agent to show up MS on a brain MRI so be thankful you don't have it and focus instead on finding out the cause of your symptoms including seeing a neuropsychiatist to investigate a psychological cause.