Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Forbidden crush on a grown man?

Hi YA,

I'm sorry in advance for how stupid this is going to sound. I'm 19F and I have a crush on a 26M and it's driving me crazy.

He is a former marine, nice build and all, pretty smart, pushing the line between good and bad boy, super respectful, very manly and oohh he smells so good.

I met him at work a few weeks ago and since then, I haven't been able to get him off my mind. I'm attracted to how mentally mature and manly he is. He stands up straight, he's polite to everyone, he is very cultured and he's doesn't seem desperate for girls' attention. He is very well rounded. TMI detail: He has nice biceps. He took his jacket off the other day and I had an instant o.

To make it worse, he's super moraled and respectful and I know he would never do something as crazy as dating my very childlike self.

He makes me feel like an awkward middle schooler and idk how to stop it. I know this sounds hormone-driven but idk. I like him and I can't stop. I'm quitting my job in a week to move to a new city. Should I tell him how I feel before I do so? Should I give him a kiss cheek? My number? What's the move here folks? Ladies and gentlemen, what do I do? What do people do while in such situations?

PS. On the bright side, he has made me super motivated to come to work. I get up bright and early, thank the good Lord for a new day and head on over to lay my eyes on this bronze martian Titan lol. I picked up so many shifts that I was employee of the month for two months in a row.

If you're moving away, what's the use?

And meanwhile, aren't you a grown woman at your age? If you were sticking around, i don't see why there would be a problem dating him or whatever.

I'm way way older than you and when i was 19, i dated a 29 year old man - for five years. We are still friends 32 years later.

Not sure why you think this makes you sound stupid, because it doesn't. And yes, I think you should take a chance and make a move on this guy. Even if he's not into you, at least you will know and not have any doubts.