Do people claim to have paranormal experiences and abilities to make up for what is lacking in their real lives?

• Mr. P

I think some people do yes. Especially anyone wanting to prove it on TV, but then you get a lot of TV evangelists doing the same thing and making a lot of money out of it too. Some people just see it as a way to make some cash.

The easy way to spot the fakes is to see if they are doing it for the money.

Darn, you figured out the scammers.

As someone who has encountered dozens of spirits and several aliens eventually becoming the worlds premier ghost sage I can say, yes.

Certainly in many cases, yes. Perhaps not all. 

• John

Not necessarily.  Some people are just predisposed to paranormal belief because of upbringing, influence of friends and media, etc.  But belief in the supernatural can fill a void for some people looking for something "more" from this natural life.

• 👻

I can’t think of many reasons why people would share their experiences if they never happened to them, unless they were trying to make money off it (which is a whole other subject in itself). 

I’d ask you what is lacking in YOUR life that you feel the need to hang out on a forum subject you chose to not “believe” in? Because you aren’t going to stop anyone from knowing what they’ve felt and experienced with your trolling, sorry.

• English Guy
      1 month agoReport

Just ignore the the stupid boy, why the hell should us have to entertain someone else's kid while his mama is flakers on the floor and daddy sol is in jail.

• Zirp

Maybe some do, but many simply do have paranormal experiences

When I was younger I had 3 'paranormal' experiences my friends witnessed and NOBODY could explain. I am a mathematician and physicist so I applied my reasoning but it still happened. I didn't want it to happen, I wanted no fame.

No, they do it because weird things happen that can't be explained rationaIIy. Often times "paranormal" just means we can't explain it yet. Imagine what people would think if you took a flashlight back to the 14th century. Things like giant squids that took down ships and things used to be a "hoax" and a fairy tale until they were found to be real. 

• Jay

no, they do it cause they are delusional and/or theists