How do I repair this slight opening on my new HP Envy Laptop?

So this is a brand new 13 inch laptop that I got back in September 2019 and whenever I open the left side has a slight opening while the right side has no issues. However this is an easy fix when I use my fingers to press and hear the click sound meaning it is fixed. I would like a permanent fix to this. I'm a student and not a professional and I'm hesitant to disassemble on my own or apply a smelly super glue. Any ideas?

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Shadow
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Is it not missing a screw by that section? If not, then one of the clips is probably broken and you need to take advantage of the warranty. Dont try to modify or fix it yourself yet.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If it is new like you said, contact support and exercise your warranty, unless you prefer to mess with the problem for the life of the laptop

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Extensive application of duct tape?

You said it's new. It's under warranty. Free service and perhaps parts. Just return it to the store you bought it from and don't forget to bring the sales receipt (very important to claim warranty or else you pay). If the guys at the tech dept. aren't busy, they can fix it right away so you'll get your laptop back in no time.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You either have to return it under warranty, possibly one of the internal clips has failed or the hinge is loose, or risk disassembling it and finding the cause. I think you should RMA it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.