Unknown disk on my Vaio laptop?

I have recently noticed a disk on my Vaio T13 that I never noticed there before.

It shows up in Task Manager as "Disk 1" and labeled as MZMPCO32HBCD-00, which Google identifies as a 32 GB SSD made by Samsung.

I never installed an SSD. 

What is it? Is it a part of the laptop? Is it safe to disable?

Thanks for the answers! I understand what it is now. It's a drive dedicated to Rapid Wake (a function that saves data when the computer goes in sleep mode).

Favorite Answer

According to the specs: The VAIO T13 packs a 1.7-GHz Intel Core i5-3317U CPU with 4GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive, 32GB MLC (Multi-Level Cell) SSD Hybrid and Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU."  Your laptop comes with the SSD installed.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Vaio+T13+specs&oq=...

• Lv 7

it may be in use as Optane memory, to speed up commonly used programs.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3322499/why-your-p...

besides, i was taught never to take down a fence till you know why it was put up...

• Norm F

As Marvinator has said this is a 32GB SSD MLC.

As to MLC read about it in Google, but this for some reason has not been seen by Windows and therefore not given an identifier such as "D".Therefore windows is not using it. Try formatting the SSD and see if that works, if not there has to be a problem with it. If it does work the I suggest you put your operating system on the SSD

• Bill

possible that the hard drive ( in your case a solid state hard drivea soriginal fitment ) is partitioned so that the OS is on one section and disc 1 is the other part of the disc . If that is the case , and you remove it by refomatting , you could loose everything