Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why did Yahoo Answers abandon and cut out "Double Points December"?

Yahoo Answers was so special before 2016 because we had "Double Points December". What was the reason for then abandoning this gift to us?

Favorite Answer

Because I was *KILLING IT*  during Double Point decembers . 

Myself, and another user,  use to ROCK DP decembers......always snapping  up the 1 and 2 positions on the leaderboards,  two years running.  We use to make a contest, challenging each other. 

Pearl and Conley, were almost always 3rd and 4th, right behind us. 

Then they stopped it,  because we were  just having way too much fun. 

They never awarded me my Thermal Tea Mug either. 

I still want my Thermal Tea Mug. 

Points don't mean anything so it seems irrelevant.

• Daniel

Yahoo stopped that Several Years ago Back when Verizon Bought Yahoo Answers

The Double Points December thing was a Promotion thing that the Previous Owners did

Nobody knows why Verizon decided not Continue with It

• Eastside Guz
      1 month agoReport

That is what I was thinking also. We are under Verizon now, not Yahoo Inc. 

• Teresa

I think, cause we've all been a bit naughty...

Most likely, the loss of the dedicated staff contributed to the change. Yahoo/Verizon just did not want to waste the time and money.

Yahoo never told anyone why this stopped doing it.  The year before they stopped doing it they were very late getting started.

• Tic-Tac-Toe
      1 month agoReport

Carol tries so hard to get the best answer. She will go out of her way to say things that have nothing to do with the answer.  Very sad person.

There was no double points December in 2013. No one knows why, but very likely, sine Marissa A. Mayer had recently become CEO of Yahoo Inc. And many people were more worried about not getting laid off, Double points December was forgotten. Yahoo's stock holders and investors re bolted in July 2014. Yahoo sold off all of its stock over 4 days in September 2014 and put itself up for sale. Yahoo was still fully in control if YA. In 2014, There was a Double Points December. The LAST Double points December. By 2015, who was going to buy Yahoo was still uncertain. No double points December in 2015 or 2016 as the final negotiations with Verizon were ongoing. Veruzon took over Yahoo head quarters on June 13-14, 3017. There was no Double Points December in 2017 or 2018. Yahoo Inc is DEAD. There is NO Yahoo executive management team.

Oath was dissolved by Ted Armstrong in October 2018 before he left Verizon, Verizon Media was created to manage both AOL Mail and what is left of Yahoo Inc. 

Promotional campaigns like Double Points December aren't wort the time and employees it would take to manage it. The amount of cheating, abuse and point gaming that went on was massive and uncontrollable. 

I do not own Verizon and I am not employed by Verizon. I am not a paying Verizon customer. 

I do not CARE whether I get best answer or not, Take you meds, TTT. You are having another manic episode. 

Since I am not catching my typos, it is time for me to take nap  until I wash tha cat bowls, which are soaking, and have me bed time snack. Take a nap, TTT, even if it is almost 1 pm in Bangcock or wherever you are. You n3ed to calm down.