Do you agree that children with down syndrome are cursed by Allah?

According to Al-Kabba In Hasri:  we learn about a man named Julaybib who was born physically deformed and "slow minded". He also had a stuttering disorder. Umar al-Hassan (may Allah be pleased with him) tells us that he was born this way because his parents neglected the Fajir prayer in the morning, and they failed to recite the Tawheed. Most Islamic scholars (including Shaykh Mahmud Al Fashi) agree that Jalaybib had down syndrome because all the symptoms were mentioned in the hadiths (including his slow mindedness and stuttering disorder). 

Update:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) approached Jalaybib one day, and asked him "would you desire to be beautiful in Jannah (paradise)" and Julaybib replied "by Allah, I would like to be beautiful so that I may find a wife". 

Update 2:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) then said: "if you become a Sahaba for the sake of Allah, then you may have your beauty and wife in the hereafter." Upon hearing this news, Julaybib became a Sahaba, recited the Tawheed and came among the believers.

Attachment image

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The name "Julaybeeb" (meaning: hideous and ugly in arabic) was given to him by Allah (swt) as a punishment to his parents chose not to partake in Sawma-Ei-fil, and they took pride for being from Ansar. However, thanks to Allah (swt), Julaybeeb later became a sahaba, and now he is in paradise with his beautiful wife.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Doug
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Allah doesn't even exist, and Islam is a false works-based religion that leads to hell.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I wouldn't go near such a god.  Full of hate.

• 1 month ago

No, for sure , since all children of the world were/are born sinless , so they all would be heaven dwellers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Children with Down Syndrome are loved by God the same as all other human beings, and the cause of their condition is not supernatural.

• 1 month ago

That is ridiculous 

• Retief
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Its so easy to blame genetic disorders on a lack of proper piety, isn't it.

• Juli
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

So, why does he have gray lips and a plucked up eye hanging down to his jaw?

Yes, of course, magic god will heal you if you kiss his fat @ss.

What's new?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Islam isn't real.

• 1 month ago

They're some of the nicest people on the planet, I wouldn't consider that a curse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.