Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

What does 'such a lovely person' mean here?

'Tom you can always speak to me :) and I don't know of anyone who hates you youre such a lovely person.'

Do you think the person who said it to me cares about me/is my friend?

• RP

It means the person is so nice anyone would want to know her/him.

This is a nice person trying to reassure you. I think you're relying on this person too much. You're using them as a therapist, complaining to them that everyone hates you, and then hoping that they care about you as a friend. That's unlikely. They are probably extremely uncomfortable at the position you've put them in. If you need therapy for your insecurities, go to a therapist. 

Taken at face value it means that they think of you as a nice empathic person who cares about others' feelings. Those qualities could allow you to become a friend because one to the factors involved in making friends involves helping them.

Only if they said it in a sarcastic tone of voice could it be considered bad.

Friend zone. ......

• Lv 7

geez, can't you just take it at face value? why do people have to try to read into every single statement made by someone?

• "lovely" in this context probably means something similar to "great" or "wonderful" so yes the person who said it probably cares about you