Would it even matter if trump had said do me a favor?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, the democrats wanted him out even before he got in.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He DID say do me a favor (technically, in the non-verbatim transcript that was released, the line is, "I would like you to do us a favor, though...," so whether the actual transcript and actual dialog used the word "us" or "me" is yet to be seen).  It DOES matter because the overall situation shows he was withholding defense money that congress had already allocated for Ukraine in exchange for the Ukranian president investigating, or at least publicly pretending to investigate, the Bidens.  The transcript that was released shows Zelenskyy say, "I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense.  We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps, specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United STates for defense purposes."

That was followed by Trump beginning his next sentence with, "I would like you to do us a favor, though."  It revolves around the use of the word "though", which is a conjunctive word that means "despite that" or "however".  That attaches the favors he asks about the investigation into the rumor of Ukraine having the DNC server (which Ukraine never had because there is no server because they were using cloud storage) and the purported investigation into the Bidens.

It doesn't get any more clear than that.  He made money and weapons that Ukraine needed in defense against Russia, and which congress had already approved so it was legally out of Trump's hands, contingent on Zelenskyy doing this favor which personally benefited Trump for the upcoming election by damaging one of his main political opponents.  That is bribery, using a foreign country to interfere with the election, and a gross misuse, abuse, and exploitation of his power.  Those are not just impeachable but criminal offenses.  And if it had been a democrat president doing the exact same thing to trash a republican political rival, you know full well the republicans in congress would be lining up with torches and pitchforks, calling for not just impeachment but incarceration and imprisonment.  And you know full well that if it was a democrat president doing the same thing, the democrats in congress would have the integrity to stand up in opposition and say this is not right, and support impeachment.  If congress does nothing about this (and specifically, the republicans in congress don't want to do anything about it), this sets up a giant legal precedent for any future president to do the same sorts of things again with no legal repercussions.  We cannot and must not have such abuses of power be permissible in our nation's government, no matter what political party's label is worn by the perpetrator.

• 1 month ago

what do you mean "if"?  His "perfect transcript" has those words and he has admitted to saying it.  Does it matter?  He could have said his conditions differently but made the same point, so the words are not crucial, they are just the most obvious of many choices.

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only to the Liberal mob.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I would say not.

Someone other that President Trump arranged the call. On the call he asked for help with issues surrounding the 2016 election and ongoing corruption involving Americans.

Somehow, the Dems can transmogrify that into extortion to get him re-elected in 2020! TDS at its finest.

"Do me a favour and ..." is one of those expressions that has almost no meaning. It can mean something very similar to "Please ...". E.G. "Do me a favour and pass the salt."

Joe Biden's confession to the Council on Foreign Relations is as close o a confession of bribery as you will ever see. That was similar to what President Trump did except that he did not threaten to withhold aid and neither the requested action make him financially any better off.

The Bidens were receiving $millions from Ukraine and it was delivered over money laundering routes which makes you wonder why. Was it legal?

As we were repeatedly told during the Russian Collusion Hoax, if Biden had done nothing wrong then he had nothing to worry about.

In the end Ukraine did not even realise that the aid had been withheld and the supposed action required of Ukraine was not carried out. Pretty poor threat if you ask me.

The clincher is that Obama would not send any aid for arms to Ukraine at all! He withheld it indefinitely.

• 1 month ago

He would never tell that to you

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It would and he did and admitted it. Solicitation of political aid from a foreign entity violates the Constitution.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Of course mot..but his innocence didnt say anything so why even ask

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. He is an orange turd.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your mum..........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.