Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How do I cope with body dysphoria if I know I am actually seen as ugly and been told by others?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You come to the realisation that others' opinions of your looks, and what they say to you about it, are not at all important in your life.

This is all in YOUR control - not theirs.  You've been GRANTING THEM the ability to reach into your life and encourage you to make yourself miserable.

STOP THAT, and you'll find body dysphoria is no longer a big deal.  (No more than it is for any other person your age.)

• ...Show all comments
    • iammclane
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

...and there is a technique for changing mental habits on your own, called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It could help you. Frankly it works better if you have a counselor to help but if you can't afford that, I'd get one of these books and give it a try solo. It can't hurt, and it MIGHT help.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You need to build a healthy self esteem to the point where other people’s opinions mean nothing to you. Easier said then done but over time you will get there. Maybe see a professional who can help you :)

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

First you stop using words you obviously lack a real understanding of.  Then too begging for attention over and over posting variations of the same pity me crap.

• 1 month ago

just do your thing , who cares

• 🦙1 month agoReport

Kill yourself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

others opinions do not dictate your self worth, do not tie your worth to the opinions of others.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get a job. Leave me the fûck alone. 

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.