Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why would guy meet with his friend instead?

Yesterday, guy said that he told his parents about me and that we are like boyfriend and girlfriend. Then we were supposed to meet today, but he said maybe at night because of the weather and if not, then tomorrow. So I just called him to see if tonight or tomorrow, which he said tomorrow. He also said he’s with a friend at the moment. Why ditch me for his friend tonight?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

That’s normal. Doesn’t mean he’s not interested in you or anything like that. Feeling obligated to give up the normal things you do for a relationship is a sign of clinginess and unhealthy dependence. If he wasn’t making time for you at all, there would be reason to wonder, but as an occasional thing, it shouldn’t be a problem. There’s also a possibility, but very doubtful, that it’s a tactic to get you interested. Notice how you’re wondering if he’s not interested anymore and getting all in your head analyzing it? Many things like that can be done deliberately by guys who are working their game. On average girls are more interested when a guy does things like this than when he doesn’t. Being aloof about when you meet and not running around like a desperate and overeager dog is something quite a few guys would do. Bottom line: either it just happened or was slightly intentional, but you better believe you would lose attraction for him if he seemed to be trying extra hard to meet up or was inconveniencing himself to come through with every little thing he said.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I don't know but if you aren't particularly in the mood to see him tomorrow, then tell him you're busy.

• Teal
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because he told you upfront that he may change his mind and take you out tomorrow. You knew he wasn't locked in, you weren't ditched. If he blows you off tomorrow, then you can complain. But this isn't worth arguing over.

• 1 month ago

you need to ask him this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.