If you owe childsupport in florida but have a virgina license can they suspend your license in va or only the florida license i had.?

im making payments im 4 months behind due to a bloodcloth

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

you need to tell the court so they can be aware of the issue. they will want documentation from your doctor.

otherwise, it doesn't matter what state you're in, you still owe child support.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Tha medical condition DOES NOT excuse falling behind on child support.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

i would talk to a lawyer about it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Friend there is a little trick to child support that you need to be aware of there's all kinds of things that can happen to you for not paying your child support you can get a warrant you can get your driver's license suspended you can get garnished but it's so easy to request a hearing from the child support judge and tell the judge your honor I'm unemployed and I asked that my child support be adjusted wall I'm seeking a job.. the judge will suspend or reduce your child support and then asked you to come back in 3 months and give us a status report. child support is based upon how much money you're making and if you're not making any money you can't pay child support but if you don't go to the court and make your motion and do what you're supposed to child support enforcement will go ahead and happily put you behind bars.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Florida can only suspend your driving privilege in their state. They can not suspend an out of state license. 

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Florida can't suspend the Virginia license, but VIRGINIA WILL when Florida tells them WHY it has been suspended in Florida.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Which license was that.,.

• Dream1 month agoReport

Drivers license

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.