will my computer be safe with just malwarebytes premium on it?

because i also had eset internet security antivirus installed on my windows 7 desktop computer but had to uninstall eset so i could do a system restore to fix a problem...but i can't remember where i stored my licence key for eset insecurity so i was unable to reinstall the paid version which is what i had....so for now i'll have to do without eset internet security and just use malwarebytes premium?

is malwarebytes premium enough to keep my computer protected for the time being?

please can i just have straight forward answers to this , i know windows 7 is ending soon and i plan to get windows 10 installed on another hard drive in this computer so i have both operating systems..............but i just want to know FOR NOW is malwarebytes premium enough to keep my win 7 computer protected without the eset paid for antivirus?

No. You need to keep a strong password and disable telemetry. Telemetry can be hacked.

• Sean K

You won’t need anything if you stay away from email, torrents and adult websites.

1 month agoReport

Because exploits aren't a thing. 

lol not really.

you'll just be paying a company money for a tool thats as safe as the worlds most secure front door thats been left accidently open lol

end of the day, nothing is 100% secure.

but a puter without any protection is just waiting to be smashed into and wrecked lol

Very safe indeed

Your number one computer security device is YOU. NEVER EVER rely solely on a program. Hackers are VERY familiar with malwarebytes so no.

Because I know this, I just use the built in Windows 10 tool, which recently, has done as well as any antivirus out there. But I DO NOT EVER pretend it is all I need to do.

Windows 7 support ends after the January security update.

1 month agoReport

I personally use both Malwarebytes Premium and Windows Defender but good answer.

Go Linux! No viruses, malware, etc. 

• David E
      1 month agoReport

Incorrect.  But you can go ahead and believe that. While the count is lower, it is NOT zero

You will be safe to some extent, Many Virus programs like the one I own will uninstall Malwarebytes and then you have to reinstall it. For example, I use Malwarebytes and a Virus Program call Trend Micro. If I get a new version of Trend Micro, It will uninstall Malwarebytes before it installs. I have to go back and reinstall Malwarebytes. They both work fine together . Malwarebytes seems to block the most harmful sites and works great. Sometimes, and it does not happen very often, Trend Micro will catch something Malwarebytes misses. Ad blockers are good as well but sometimes ad blockers will not let a video play from sites like NBC unless you allow it too in the settings. Anyway, Most all the advise I have read here is good advise.   (Helpful tip, If you ever need to run a system restore to an earlier date, Shut down all your security before you do. Some security programs will stop it from restoring correctly) I wish you the best, Good Luck

• Bill-M

For Windows 7 you could use AVG or AVAST (Free Versions)  AND Malwarebytes.

• MARK H1 month agoReport

This is a good suggestion

Should be. I have Windows Defender and Malwarebytes not premium (You should have Windows Defender too if you're on Windows) but as we all know Windows Defender is basically useless so I'm pretty much running off Malwarebytes. I usually do a scan of my computer once every week or two, and I haven't been hit with anything dodgy.

1 month agoReport

Two things, Windows Defender, the AV, is only Windows 8 and 10. Also, Windows Defender is now one of the best AVs out there.

Maybe want to add an ad blocker to the browser