Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

I feel like my boyfriend is being unfair. Am I overreacting? ?

My boyfriend is always saying that he's a king, that he needs to be treated like royalty, and that I'm a peasant. He makes fun of my appearance, and "playfully" hits me, and when I tell him to stop, he says that he's just playing and that I'm too dramatic and a crybaby. He tells me that the issues in my life are foolishness, and tells me to just deal with them. He never comforts me. Lately I've been feeling really really low, and sometimes I just don't want to be alone in my thoughts. So, even though I knew he'd give me ****, I asked him if he could just do something with me, anything, anywhere, i didn't care. I just didn't want to be home and alone. Even though he said he wasn't busy, he only laughed at me because I had nothing planned. Then, he said that I needed to just deal with my problems, and then he just left me alone. I don't usually go to people for comfort, so when I do, it's because I'm desperate, and out of the 3 times i did and just needed him to be there for me, he never was, and for the previous 2, he said it's just because he didn't want to. I literally go out of my way to accommodate him, he expects me to. If I don't, he guilt trips me by saying that I don't think he's special enough, or worth it. But when I say that to him, he says I'll over it. I'm at my breaking point. I don't know how to feel, what to do, what to think, etc. I can't tell if I'm just being dramatic and overreacting. I'm just so drained. I honestly just feel like I mean nothing to him.

If he does all that you say he does to you, why is he still your boyfriend? Why haven't you dumped the guy and found somebody who treats you better?

I had a boyfriend similar to that. My only regret is that I didn't leave his sorry **** long before I did, but I kept hoping he would change back into the guy I fell in love with. Turns out that guy was an illusion, an act my boyfriend put on to win me over, and once we were a couple, I got to see his true self.

Let me tell you something one of my best friends told me back then: "This is not how a relationship should be like. A relationship should be a source of joy, it should make you happy, you should be with someone that makes your life better, not worse."

Not two hours after that, another friend who did not know my boyfriend very well, but who had spent the evening with us, pulled me aside and said, "I know you. What I don't know is why you let someone treat you like that."

And then I asked myself the question, which I think you should be asking yourself as well: "Do I really want to live the rest of my life like this?"

I broke up the next day. And once I had done it, I felt great. A little less than a year after that I met my now husband, and I can tell you that my friend was right about relationships.

I would Dump him NOW . He sounds like a 

nasscicistnasscicisthttps://goo.gl/search/narcissistNarcissism - Wikipedia Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's idealised self image and attributes. This includes self-flattery, perfectionism, and arrogance. The term originated from Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.

• Uri

Seems like you need a new boyfriend. 

Find a man that treats you like a queen....

Two very short words  MOVE ON.

Then just walk out the door or take the abuse and shut up!  No one wants a relationship which is filled with drama and trauma as you have. 

Well tell him you are going to tell him the same thing when you rap his testicles. You need to get a better guy for yourself, don't be surprised if he doesn't come running when you do it. You should tell him when he says you don't think he is special enough, you're right I don't think you are special enough or you wouldn't treat me the way you do. GOODBYE

• alexis

You know this is wrong. You just want our validation. You know you need to leave that narcissist.

• ANDREW

Coming from a guy, he’s treating you like sh*t leave him now and move on before your life is ruined by this self centred arrogant d*ckwad who clearly has no emotional connection to you and finds you a joke! He’s a disgrace you deserve better so throw your line back in the ocean and carry on fishing Cos there’s plenty more!!