Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Am I being unfair, or overreacting?

It feels like my bf only cares about himself. He doesn't take me out, because he says it's either too far for him to drive (15-20 minutes), waste of gas,  it's not worth the money, or he just doesn't want to (he says often).  The other day I tricked him into going to get food with me. I told him we should get sushi,  I just never said where. Long story short,  I drove us there in MY car (15-20 mins), and paid for both of our meals, and he still complained. We didn't even stay and eat there, we picked up the food and left,  because he says he just wanted to stay home. He told me that the food probably isn't gonna taste good, that's it was a waste,and that we should've just stayed home, or went to the one 5 minutes from the house, but we always go there. I just wanna experience new things with him, instead of just being trapped in the house all day. I feel like he doesn't consider me, or things that I want. 

You are not overreacting.  It isn't whether he wants to take you out or not.  But if he wouldn't crawl over broken glass for 20 minutes just to BE with you, at this stage of the relationship, then what of the future?

If you're uncomfortable in a relationship situation, it's time to make a decision. Personally, i wouldn't be with someone who can't take me out and show me a good time.

Your boyfriend sounds perfect for the woman who is a couch potato, sitting around watching TV and getting fat.

Find a more caring boyfriend. This guy sounds like a jerk.

Why are you with someone so boring. Give him the flick and go and live your life instead of complaining here about him. Life is full of choices you know. 

Well it seems you picked a good bf.