Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Did I do the right thing by just leaving?

I have a friend - that who lets say just has to be right about everything and likes to push my buttons. I have always had anger issues and this friend knows this and thinks it's funny. Weirdly enough lots of my friends growing up did this to me.

So last night we were at a get together. And we started talking about something. My friend stated some false information about something and I kindly corrected him. He then proceeds to act like he knew more than me and so on. Because he can never be wrong.

So I after a few minutes I excused myself and went home.

• I care
    Favorite Answer

What I heard was kindly corrected him...…..see when intelligent as you more than likely are...…...can't help to correct individuals since blessed with remembering most things you read...…….problem is,  many others don't have that particular gift to recall.  So in truth it is better for the most part to let this slide due to most individuals do not like to be corrected...….so just be careful and try to not correct most times.

Hope this helps.....as I know someone just as you,  and he took my advice most of the time...…..except playing Trivia games....smiles.

Your friends who can recall are usually the most important one's to share knowledge with because they have the same gifts. Cool down the anger also okay?  

Better to distance yourself than kick off. But I think you need to tell this friend to stop messing you around if it's causing problems

i think you did the right thing

If you have anger issues, there is plenty of self-help information online about anger issues. You can change your thinking.

As far as this person you call a "friend" is concerned, maybe they aren't really your friend?

Meanwhile, after living many decades of life, i don't correct anyone. If someone wants to talk about something and they obviously don't know what they are talking about? I just leave it alone.

I think you did the smart thing. Do another one and stop being this jerks friend because he is no friend to you! It's one thing for children to behave that way but for an adult or at least one who is nearly one it is unacceptable and you should stop allowing him to treat you that way. You deserve much better but you won't get it being friends with people that treat you that way.

Yeah dont hang around angry people it can just make you angry as well. Its good that you are trying to work on not being an angry man.