Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

Do girls spit when running?

I spit a lot when jogging and I am a woman, is this alright

If you need to spit then spit, if you need to pee in a bush then pee. There are no hard fast rules for women

• .

Some do, some don't. I don't typically feel the need to spit BUT my nose often runs, so I either need to blow my nose on a tissue or shoot a 'snot rocket' out onto the ground (gross, but whatareyagonnado?)

If you want to spit, then spit (just be aware of where you are spitting and that it doesn't land on someone who may be approaching you).

• 1 month agoReport

I also do snot rockets, never heard that term though. Are you a woman and do you think it’s alright for women’s to o them? Snot rockets are a difficult skill to master but I am proud of myself for mastering them, though a bit shy to use them in a race/group

• Adam D

When you repeatedly post the same question, or variations where you change a single detail, that's trolling.  Stop doing that, that's not alright.  Also, why go anonymous if you're going to comment on answers, that tells us who you are.

Lots of people spit when running, both men and women.  We swipe sweat off our brows, we blow snot out of our noses to clear them, etc.  Bodily fluids build up.  With a few (important) exceptions, human bodies are functionally the same regardless of biological sex.

I've never needed to spit but occasionally felt like it, if you actually need to spit maybe somethings wrong with your saliva lol

• 1 month agoReport

It’s not really saliva just a bunch of stringy phlegm. Have you ever seen girls spitting and do you think it’s ok?

I do watch a lot of cross country and tend to see a lot of spitting, typically after races.

Might be unhygenic as what if a perosn or their belongings touch it and get diseases or sick

Maybe you can bring a cloth or tissues for it

Sure, it's gross but I get really bad phlegm build-up when I run, and if I have to keep swallowing it I end up getting stomachache and that affects my running, so I have to spit it out every now and again. Just don't hit anyone with it

• 1 month agoReport

I wish I was as confident as you spitting. Do you really spit into your shirt, does it not get stuck and feel/look disgusting. You seem like a hardcore woman

• GTB

as long as you are not in a "no spitting zone"

• 1 month agoReport

Wow hahaha. Didn’t know they really existed

Ask a girl who runs or watch a race with girls in it.

• 1 month agoReport

I’m trying to find out

Probably if you built up too much saliva

• 1 month agoReport

But it’s not usually saliva, it’s a phlegm loogie