Which do you prefer, Florida Death Metal or Scandinavian Black metal?

• Tough call. I guess I'll go with black metal because I'm such a fan of MayheM.

I dont listen to genres. I listen to the strongest most affective bands from genres. 

Me saying that I like "Scandinavian Black Metal" or "Florida Death Metal" in general would mean that I mediocre bands like Kvist and Malevolent Creation. I dont. 

Source(s): 79

Scandinavian Black metal

Music dont matter where it is produced but who makes it. Singing skill and the instruments used may be different. 

damn tough call.....I'll go with Black metal

• polly

I see positive attributes in both & depending on my mood I can enjoy both of those sub-genre's of metal equally.

Some Scandinavian black metallers have negatively judged Floridian death metal bands as being "commercial" but on the other side of the coin some Florida death metallers aren't fans of Scandinavian black metals sound production values(or lack thereof).

So in other words,I think there's a place for them both & metal as a whole is better off for them both existing in their own unique capacities 

Florida death metal 

Florida death metal:morbid angel, deicide, obituary, death

scandinavian black metal