Why do so many guys choose to study business?

in the uk, business managment is the most popular degree course for males. why are guys so interested to study such a difficult and boring subject?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Because it's a universal degree that can fit into a myriad of jobs. Also it's a lot easier, or at least requires a lot less math and computers than, engineering, computer science or the hard sciences. the problem is as my house mate found, it's like psychology or sociology, there are far more people graduating with the degrees than there are jobs for them. So a large number of them end up going on to getting an MBA, which is exactly what my housemate is doing.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Money. It's not a difficult subject, MBA produces the dumbest degreed motherf#ckers alive.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

because in our capitalist society, the jobs that require that study are rather overpaid.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Men feel a need to get a degree that will earn the income to support a family.   Women feel they can get a degree with no income potential such as women’s studies and marry a man who received a more lucrative degree.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's all about the quids ;-)

• 1 month ago

Because it opens so many doors when they graduate, they can go in to lots of different career areas

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they hope that it helps them earn more in the future than studying easier, more fun subjects would.

• Because it's a qualification for a good job. You might find Media Studies more interesting, but it only qualifies you to sit around watching TV and you need to flip a lot of burgers to pay the rent.

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

they think they can make a lot of money off it

some of them i'm sure will be right

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.