how to get a system restore done?

i keep getting this error when i do a system restore on my windows 7 custom made desktop computer;

the reason i want to do a system restore is because last night my main browser which ive been using years- google chrome-  won't respond and won't open....so i want to restore my computer to an earlier time before the error occured, but i keep on getting this fault with system restore.

i have eset internet security antivirus, and i tried disabling it as this message suggested, and trying the system restore again but i keep getting this system restore error message?

does anyone know a way i can get a system restore done, so i can get my computer back to an earlier time before the chrome error, so i can fix google chrome? so it opens again?

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You already know the problem - Chrome. Why do a system restore when you can just reinstall Chrome? Download a new version of the installer using another browser (IE) then install.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Quit worrying about the system restore go into where it says control panel find where it says system find where it says protection and delete all the old restore points for now. next find where it says folder options and click where it says unhide the folders click apply then go ahead and uninstall Google chrome. Go into your c drive find where it says program files program data and delete all of the Google chrome folders then go into your main folder that's on your desktop the one with your name on it and find where it says application data you'll find three folders local roaming and one more go inside them and delete all the Google chrome folders. Restart your computer then you can go ahead and redownload Google chrome and sign back into it and everything will work just fine.

• Adrian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Totally remove (uninstall) the anti-virus and try again. Then, once restored, re-install the anti-virus product.

In some cases, you cannot totally disable an anti-virus, as some of their services may restart on re-boot, or even restart automatically when the process is terminated (they auto-recover)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.