Anonymous

I was born and raised in Brazil, but my parents are from Syria. Am I Arab or Latino?

They are Christians.

Favorite Answer

You are technically both. Your background is Arab, but you were born in Brazil. 

I'm an Arab, and also Syrian but I consider myself Canadian because I was born in Canada. I'm a citizen here.

• reme_1

In the US we call that being mutts like a mixed breed dog. We are all mixed. No body cares.

Latina still located in Europe, the Latins are the people who built the city of Rome.

Latino basically means what you've suggested. It means the Roman Catholic Church included you (the church who speaks Latin). If you're not Confirmed Roman Catholic (In Deus / In Dios) or full Roman blood (Sanguinius) then you're something else.

.... but you could claim probably Mozarabic if you wanted. The Portuguese have a different word for it but I can’t remember it off hand. 

Actually a lot of, if not all, Latinx descend from Arabs.  You see, the African Moors & Arabs conquered and mixed with many of the Latin Europeans during their medieval times.   These Latin Europeans would then colonize Brazil, wiping out most of the Natives and mixing with their African slaves... which ultimately created the contemporary Brazilian you see today who are referred to as "Latino" (when they are really Latin/Arab/Black).