Anonymous

How much time do you think someone should spend studying whilst at university/college?

Favorite Answer

as much as possible University is the Last time you get to get a degree that will get you a Job in the Real-world 

• sydney19
      1 month agoReport

Pick the Right degree and the Jobs find you

My neighbours son took a teaching degree his First Job is at a Private school they found him

You're the one paying for it, so if you care about your investment, you'll put the work in.

This year was my first semester of college.. and after slacking so much (spent like 1.5hrs a day) I realized I need to be atleast spending 8hrs a day studying and making sure I understand everything

• Supreme Thoughts
      1 month agoReport

If you need to study 8 hours a day for a subject, get out of it, you won't be doing well. You must also not have many friends or go out much. How is it I get 80-90% average and I only study what I need to and when I need to...like before a test. Lol come one. 

a minimum of 45 hours a week if you are a full time student

The rule of thumb when I was in school is 3 hours per week per credit hour (1 hour in class). Of course that will vary depending on difficulty of the course and your own personal style, dedication and what you consider and acceptable GPA.

Depends on the field of study. The medical field requires far more attention and devotion than a business major.

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Knowing the way business majors have ruined General Motors, I'd say they need just as much attention and devotion...if they had any at all.

As a rule of thumb, I expected to spend as many hours doing homework as I spent in the classroom/labs. For example, I carried 15 credits more or less per term while doing my BS. So I planned to do 15 hours per week of homework overall. Seemed to have worked as I have four degrees including the PhD.

Depends on how you're doing in the subjects, if you're doing good I wouldn't put in a lot of time but if you start to slack or not understand then study more till you get it. 

• Frank

Zero. College for about 90% of those who go...is a COMPLETE waste of time, energy and money. There are tons of alternatives these days where it is possible to get educated and learn a LOT more and do so at a FRACTION of the cost and time. Much of it FREE. I am talking about internet sources, audio books, etc. Actual skills courses with TRADE SCHOOLS.

Unless you are going to be an engineer, lawyer or physician...college is a waste.

"I want to be an English major"? ummm...WHY? "I want a liberal arts degree!"...ummm WHY? "I want to major in history!"....ummm WHY?

The need for college...AT THE HUGE TUITIONS BEING CHARGED...is not there anymore.

The reason for the this: the government TOOK OVER THE STUDENT LOAN SYSTEM. Student debt is now HIGHER that CREDIT CARD DEBT!!!!

Tuitions SHOT through the ROOF when this transition took place...THANKS BILL CLINTON...you rapist asswipe!!!

I am all for learning things...and learning things EVERYDAY...just not at these ridiculous and useless institutions that cost us DEARLY.

they usually give you a guide in the assignment briefs. I think mine was 30 hours of independent studying time per week

• Sandy

however long it takes you to understand the material. some people can "get it" right from the lecture. others have to study the books. it's up to you.