Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Bed ridden for 30 days... how to avoid gaining weight?

Gonna be bed ridden due to serious leg injuries. Last time I was bed ridden for a month after a major knee surgery, I gained almost 100 LBs. So how do I avoid this? Just eat salads?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

start with dieting and staying active

• Login to reply the answers
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need to meet with a Registered Dietician. Your doctor should refer you to one. And it should be part of your HMO or PPO. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How did you gain almost 100 pounds in a month? You must have been doing nothing but eating. Don't do that again. 

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just eat fresh fruits and veggies.......I know, not very convenient, some places deliver, so there's that, friends help maybe...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

quit fckin stuffing your hole and find something to do ...

• 1 month ago

You can eat whatever you want, as long as you limit your calorie intake.Since you aren't active enough to burn off high amounts of calories, you need to eat fewer calories.  If you don't know how to do this, invest in the services of a professional nutritionist/dietician for a couple of hours. The professional can interview you about your personal food preferences and develop meal and menu options that will help you maintain your proper weight.  It's money well spent.

• 1 month ago

You don't have to just eat salads but eat a healthy diet - I am not exactly bed ridden but had bladder surgery 6 weeks ago and spend most of the day sitting on sofa watching tv and I have lost 12lbs. I have cut out the junk food and chocolate and only time I move is to go to toilet. I have been out with family 3 times in their car to supermarket but when I get there I have to sit and wait for them or I pee myself.- Few years ago mum had hip replacement and was bedridden for a few months and she didn't gain any weight, Good Luck

• Autumn
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I am stuck in bed or use a powerchair yet I've managed to lose 65lb this year by eating healthily and calorie counting. The fact the OP says that they've previously gained 100lb in a month AND they're staying anonymous points to them being another troll.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.