Jerry S asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Is it legal to bring food through the security lines at the airport?

Update:

Houston, Texas and Las Vegas Nevada.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Solid food, yes. Liquids and gels, no.

All of this is answered on TSA.gov.  There is a whole 'can I bring it' section.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

actually, last trip    I was carrying 3  small jars of peanutbutter in my carry on........because my suitcase was over weight, so I had to take something out and the peanut butter was the easiest thing to remove.....and crammed it into my carry on......

but then going thru the security scanning,  they TOOK the PeanutButter........saying NO CREAMS  allowed! 

I was like..... seriously???????  I thought that applied to like gels, and shampoo and stuff.........it's clearly Peanutbutter.....still sealed. 

and she was like  NO CREAMS!!!!!!!!!

and I said,  it's  NOT creamy!!!!!!  It's  actually CHUNKY! 

she was totally unamused at that. 

Not like they give you a choice........so, she took all 3 jars. 

B*tch stole my peanutbutter. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

But I am not allowed to bring my bottle of Coke thru security......... but the flammable duty free booze is okay.   Duh. 

• 1 month ago

Solid food, yes. The restriction is on liquids and gels. I often take nuts and other snacks on planes with me with no problem. 

• 1 month ago

Yes, you can bring food through security as long as it conforms to all of the existing security regulations such as liquid limits, etc. It has to go through the scanner with all of your other carry-ons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.