I was fired from Home Depot. Unemployment was denied alleging I did not call and let them know I was going to be absent,although I did.?

My supervisor was not the one who fired me.  It was s his supervisor.

• Bort

If you called to let them know and you can prove it, which you can by getting your phone records from whatever phone company you used (your cell phone carrier) appeal the UC denial.

Either things have changed or you're in a different state than PA because I know of plenty of people who were guilty of not calling or showing up and got fired and their unemployment was approved.

• Foofa

Then appeal the decision.

Challenge the lie with unemployment. Tell them exactly what happened.

That is probably because the supervisor is also in trouble about something else. This happens when some section in the store is not right and they decide to clean out and start over. So they get rid of everyone just to break the history/communication/opinion of what the problems are. If you are rehirable, go to different HD and see if they will hire you. That will give you some idea of where you stand.

• Maxi

Then appeal and prove you phoned, via your phone records