Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Is Jason Witten underrated ?

He's 4th all-time in receptions ahead of guys like Cris Carter, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss etc. 

He's the all-time receptions leader for the Cowboys ahead of guys like Irvin and Pearson and has 3x the catches Novacek had. 

11x pro pro bowl 2x all-pro 

If anything he’s overrated. His only real excellence was his longevity that let him rack up a lot of catches which were mostly on short passes with no real yards after the catch. He’s basically the Frank Gore of tight ends, who like Witten, nobody really considers one of the best at his position.

• Bob

I think this depends on how you have him rated,if you don't have him as a top 5 receiving tight end, then yes he is underrated,but if you have him as a top 5 overall tight end, then I would say that he is overrated.

• Cu Tie

I would not say that Jason Witten was underrated, but I believe that he was not appreciated enough, especially during the 2nd half of his career, when he was overshadowed by Dez Bryant. I hate the Cowboys, but I really hope that Witten gets the touchdowns needed to break Bryant's record for most touchdowns receptions in Dallas Cowboys franchise history.

No. He's recognized for his accomplishments.