Do you think schools should ban backpacks?

They say due to the shootings.

• P

No

Just pupils

Either ban them altogether or make kids use see thru plastic back packs.

• A

Then let me rephrase your question: Do you think AMERICAN schools should ban backpacks?

My answer is that does sound like an OK move. But kids can still hide their weapons in their clothing, areas near the school etc.

• Ron

No.  Backpacks are useful.  L.A. runs their schoolkids through metal detectors.  That may become ubiquitous.  What a sad comment on our present state.

Well... if kids didn't have to carry text books they wouldn't need any. That would mean doing away with text books and providing paper and pens or pencils for kids from school. No homework either. Or make them use the internet for resources.

• Lee

I think we should ban schools!

Source(s): Sarcasm intended

Football.  Schools shouldn't include football.  It's bad for kids.  Americans can't even talk about it.  Numb.

• hammy

It is bad for kids, when I told this person that she looked at me like I was crazy. I had to tell her about brain damage, she still didnt darn believe me. But what about the question though?