Should I become a Paralympic track athlete?

When I was 15 in 8th grade I ran a 2:30 half mile. My brain was damaged at birth. I was born with cerebral palsy. I also have construction apraxia and scoliosis. It’s been documented since birth. I qualified for extended time on tests while I was in college. I was looking at 800meter times for the paralympics in 2012 in London. In The T36 category at 8. Was Fabio Torres with 2:30. In the T37 Category at 9. Djamel Mastouri with 2.26. I am much older now at 35, but I have run 2:30 before. If I can do it again after I am in shape should I look into competing?

• reme_1

Heck, if you qualify, go for it. I wish you the best.

• Sam

absolutely..  with your drive, you can do anything set your mind to do.

I'm very impressed by your accomplishments. . 

sure, look into a hooking up with a team in your area. you don't start with an 'paralympic team'   people from local teams who have competed in local and regional meets qualify for the paralympics.  how training is done varies based on the sport.  the athletes come from all over the country and various local teams.

look up disabled and ambulatory sports USA/adaptive sports

• There's a little more toit than that.  Paralmpians are on a team representing a country.  You have to be able to train where the team trains. But first you need to be a recognized talent and asked to be on the team.

If that's what makes you happy then go for it