Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Why does society do this?

I honestly don’t understand the reason why we are rewarding people who are "abnormal" or have had terrible lives. Ex: I see so many posts on the internet like “person who can’t afford shoes and runs a 5k barefoot gets first place award even though they didn’t come in first place” or “woman whose entire face was burned off wins beauty pageant and gets a modeling contract” or “teenager from broken home who draws graffiti on cars gets a full scholarship to an art college” I just feel like this sends a message that people no longer are being rewarding on their merits but more who has the worst, saddest life which isn’t really fair. I think people like this should get the help they need and deserve but shouldn’t be above rules and regulations because someone feels bad about them. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We've become a society of victims where wearing your grievances on your sleeve is considered "character".

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It's a rare situation in which anybody gets rich by rewarding unfortunate people. For that reason, even though you think you've observed a trend toward rewarding people based on misery, it won't catch on. Charity is all well and good, but the world doesn't run on charity. It runs on money. Pretty much nothing happens unless it makes someone richer - except for people falling in love. THAT'S the ONLY thing that repeatedly occurs whether it makes money or not.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I do admit that society rewards and tells white lies. There are some people who are normal who need a scholarship or something-i ran out of informationmybrainistiredgoodbye

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.