Will I have more time when I’m older?

I’m 16. I wish I could focus on things like making music and having fun with music. My parents know this but still force me to do lots of extracurricular activities outside of school. (Boy scouts, swimming) I don’t really plan to go into music but I do wish I could at least write songs everyday and spend two or three hours per day practicing. Although my parents always tell me that I’ll have more time when I group up to do these things. Will I really have more time to do these things? Currently I’m taking ap classes in school along with the regular advanced ones with swimming and Boy Scouts. This leaves me almost no free time to unwind except on Sundays. Thanks. 

Favorite Answer

Tell your parents you can’t handle the stress of all these things at once. Ap classes are hard and have a lot of work, especially if you end taking 3 or 4 at once, and being forced to do something you don’t want to do like Boy Scouts for a bunch of your time just adds to the stress. Tell them you really don’t think you can handle this much longer and try to leave the scouts, hopefully they’ll understand. 

Also of course you’ll have more time when you’re older, you won’t be forced to do extracurriculars that you don’t want to do.

• Wahul1 month agoReport

Thanks for the great response! I’ve always wanted to be an Eagle Scout and I’m almost done with that, but I’m not much of a swimmer lover. I’ve tried maturely talking to them but they worry that I won’t go to a good college if I don’t do swimming. I feel if I didn’t do swimming I’d have more time

you might, depends on what youre doing when youre older